- Just updated our Winner's Circle page. Congrats again to Daniel Abrigg on winning the $200 gift card! http://bit.ly/bF5L1w #
- Rats! Tom Petty show for May 12 canceled – http://bit.ly/cibv0y #
- Jersey Boys on stage, Toronto ON Centre for the Arts, May 8th – tickets ARE still available! http://bit.ly/acEhRO #
From the Kentucky Exposition Center:
Louisville, KY (April 28, 2010) – The Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers show with special guest Joe Cocker scheduled for Wednesday, May 12, in Freedom Hall at the Kentucky Exposition Center is canceled. The show was unable to be rescheduled after postponing it to accommodate the delayed release of the band’s latest album, Mojo.
If you’re holding tickets for this show, keep your tickets handy and give us a call at 1-866-353-5167 so we can work out your refund.
After going over all the entries, we narrowed the field to six yesterday – then down to one today!
So without further ado, we’d like to congratulate Daniel Abrigg on winning the $200 gift card prize in our Graphic Design contest, and thank everyone who submitted entries. It was close, and we liked different things about each one of the final six, but Daniel’s old-western themed design really stood out to us.
Daniel has won a $200 gift card to Coast to Coast, and CTC Facebook fans will see his graphic on our Facebook page later today!
- NBA Semifinals – Celtics vs Cavaliers – TD Garden in Boston May 7. Tickets still available! http://bit.ly/9orbcy #
- May 16th, NY Yankees vs Minn Twins at Yankee Stadium! Tickets are here: http://bit.ly/ccN9vP #
- Anyone looking for a late-night discount? $25 off any purchase of $100 or more, good through May 20th, 2010. Use… http://bit.ly/cWKXak #
- Graphic Design Contest Winner Announced! http://bit.ly/dwYpUK #
Fans of Natalie Merchant have been waiting a long time for the velvet-voiced songwriter to come back on an American tour, and that wait is almost over! Natalie’s upcoming double album, “Leave Your Sleep,” was inspired by poems read to her infant daughter, and contains poems from many authors put to Natalie’s own melodies. As Natalie explained to the New York Times, “In my mind, I had all these visions of projects I wanted to do and things I wanted to make, but I couldn’t leave my chair, and I had my hands full. So I just put a tape recorder next to the chair where I was nursing, and I would start singing into it, and that’s where the first songs came from. I didn’t really have time to focus on writing lyrics.”
Her first album since 2003, “Leave Your Sleep” is an album about poetry, and an album about childhood. It’s also a collaboration with other poets and writers, as well as 130 musical artists, according to Natalie, including Medeski, Martin & Wood and members of the New York Philharmonic.
Natalie’s tour, currently in Europe, will come to the US in July and will progress along the east coast and throughout the country through the beginning of September. Tickets to her shows can be found here, so don’t miss your chance to see her live!
Thanks again to everyone who submitted their graphic entries for our Facebook page – we’ve narrowed it down to six, and will be announcing a winner tomorrow morning! Judging is based on:
- compliance with the rules (minimum age, graphic size, necessary URLs and other info)
- overall look, readability
Let us know what you think of our top six, and if yours didn’t make it this far, please try again next time – and thanks for taking part!
You can see the entries here.
Looks like I missed a detail in our contest rules! The main ruleset specifies 500 pixels high, while the official legal rules state the graphic should be 575 pixels high. Just to clarify – both sizes will be accepted, so feel free to use the one that best suits your design(s). Only a few more hours left, and the winner gets a $200 gift card, so get them in!